Skip to main content

Current favourites (July 2017)

Current Favourites - July 2017




Hello Folks! Today I'm gonna show you some things I've been currently loving, there's a LOT of beauty, pretty much sums up my spending habits haha

1. Mitchum Advanced Control "Ice Fresh"



Totally glam start I know but seriously though, this is the BEST Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant ever! sweat control all day, and pleasant scent, a total must have for summer (and all year round because EW) Honestly can't recommend Mitchum enough, seriously good stuff!



2. Chanel No5 L'Eau



like I said in my Perfume blog post, this is such a lovely summer scent that does not overpower you  but still gives you a clean, fresh scent without smelling like your 100 year old ancestors! One spray goes a long way and for me it has quite a good lasting power, 5-6 hours! 

3. Eucerin DermoPurifyer Toner



I love this toner so much, i have combination to normal skin and this is clarifying without drying (hurrah!!) I've had quite a nasty breakout this week and this one has really helped calm down my skin. It's perfect because it does not strip the skin, but rather give a fresh clean feeling. I really value skincare brands who are no fuss, I'm not interested in a overpowering scent or applicator so Eucerin is perfect, skin comfort without feeling totally clinical.

4. Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream (SPF 40)



Im not sure if this is designed for people who live in cities sense the title but as someone who does not, this was still perfect on my skin. Non drying (I see a theme) and doesn't make me break out!, however, approach with some caution if you have a darker skin tone, It leaves a prominant white mark that I have found to be bit of a pain,  so it has to be rubbed in really well! SPF is a necessity everyday, even in winter. I read last week that 90% of wrinkles are created because of unfourtunate UV damage to the skin, so protect today to prevent for tomorrow!

5. L'Oreal Elvive extraordinary Clay Shampoo



My holy grail, repurchased 1000 times kinda product! My hair can get greasy quickly (I wash it 6 days a week, oops!) and this prevents greasy looking roots, the conditioner is nice as well. I pair this shampoo with a selection of conditioners to prevent product buildup. My hair does get used to hair products quicly so I can only purchase it every few months, but other than that it is a winner!

6. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser



New skin in a bottle! love this stuff for a nice occasion, it smoothes skin and primes for a perfect skin finish. Total must have for anyone with larger looking pores (like me) or just general quarms, I've also heard from friends its a great makeup primer. (duh lol)

7. Zara Cardholder 



I purchased this cardholder with the intent to paint it, and I will do a DIY blogpost soon on how to do it!, the stripes were already painted so all I had to do was the "H". I love a cardholder for simplicity and ease, so this one works really well. 

8. Jack Wills Shirt




I wear this shirt with jeans for a relaxed but still "smart" look. the demin finish gives it this smart/casual look. I love the way it fits and the quality is impeccable, a real classic that would look great on everyone (with the right trousers!)

Thanks for reading!
Harry X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BRANDED FASHION - LOVE IT OR LOATH IT

BRANDED FASHION - LOVE IT OR LOATH IT Brand logos are extremely popular with current Instagram bloggers and their street style, but they continue to divide the fashion community as a question of taste. Many people wrongly judge their fashion aesthetic around how much their outfit costs, and designer logos are an immediate way to communicate that to the average passer by. Personally, I like the look of a logo, so long as it positively impacts the outfit and is not done to "show off" the brand. Many people feel that any brand logo is done to enforce the brand on others, but if you look deeper than just how much that item of designer clothing may cost, logos are a good example of iconic graphic design, and I personally love the look of a logo (if done *classily*). The first logo to outwardly show a brand name was the monogram print of French trunk maker Louis Vuitton. In 1896, Louis Vuitton's son, Georges created the pattern in a bid to prevent counterfeiting of the

DIY: Louis Vuitton Mon Monogram Personalisation

DIY: Louis Vuitton Mon Monogram Personalisation Louis Vuitton has a personalisation service whereby you can get several stripes, as well as 3 initials painted on some of their bags and accessories in the Monogram and Damier Graphite canvas prints. I think the designs are screen printed over the canvas (because they are so flawless and are very uniform) using special pigment before being varnished, so I decided to try it myself!    Louis Vuitton's Passport cover with Mon Monogram Sadly I don't have the means to screen print myself, so I decided to paint them instead. You will need; Acrylic paint, I find the vibrant colours and white look the best (Acrylic paint is very hardwearing so will not need touching up very often) Paintbrushes (the smaller the better) Tape (to get crisp lines, frog tape works really well) Something to paint on (a cardholder or pencil case are great, but you could do it on pretty much anything) A pencil (to draw out the sha

MET GALA FASHION REVIEW

MET GALA FASHION REVIEW 2018 The Met Gala is, to fashion, what the olympics is to sport, what tea is to British people, what facetune is to beauty gurus, an iconic pairing that anyone interested cannot afford to miss. But why? Put simply; star appeal and media coverage. The ball is an evening event, always set on the first Monday in May to raise money for the costume institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Sounds relatively basic and ordinary? think again. It is a heavily publicised event, and a ticket ensures your presence on the world stage for years to come. Ironically, the most iconic moment of the gala is the red carpet before the show, as the world press the morning after catalogue, in detail the outfits, body language and general celebrity star appeal of having dozens of high profile celebs all in one building at the same time. Ironically, and completely in keeping with current technology, the outfits are "memed" on social media the n